You might ask yourself, “Should I use social media for business?” The answer is not so easy.
Using social media can be a time suck, especially for beginners. You will need to post regularly, at least a couple of times a week. This is a must if you want it to take advantage of what it can do for your business.
While most businesses are using social media, not everyone does a good job at it. Just posting is not enough. Add an image or video with your posts. When posting with an image, lots more people notice what you have to say.
- You need to give people some meaningful content. Offer tips. Do a “how to” relating to your business. Give a behind-the-scenes tour. Show that you are an expert in your field.
- Choosing the correct platforms in order to reach your target audience is another challenge you will need to tackle. Do you want to use Twitter? Facebook? LinkedIn? Instagram? Snapchat? Pinterest? TikTok? Something else?
- Consider your target audience and what platforms they are using. The demographics are available. More people than ever have been using social media since the beginning of the pandemic. This trend will certainly continue.
- Some experts recommend using one platform and concentrating your efforts there. We think otherwise. There are multiple platforms that will work to reach your target. We recommend picking the top 2-4 and concentrating on those.
- If you see that one or two platforms are working better for your business after a few months, you can decide to narrow it down. There is no harm in posting on multiple platforms, it just increases the time you need to devote to posting.
- Remember once you start posting on social media that you need to continue. If you decide to drop one platform, you might want to suspend that account. People can misunderstand and think you are out of business when there are no recent posts. That is not a good way to attract new clients.
In conclusion, consider these issues when you ask yourself if you should I use social media for business. We hope you understand why the answer should be yes.