Here is a list of eight ways to raise your popularity. In the comments section, feel free to add any ideas of your own.
- Post as often as possible. Make your blog entries become a permanent fixture in your readers’ lives. There is something be said for consistency.
- Add links to some of the old blogs within a new blog. Invariably, you will write about a similar subject to one you wrote about in the past. Connect your older blog with your new one and you will certainly add page views.
- Use images. Whenever you can, add images, videos, infographics – anything that will attract the eyes of people scanning through pages of information. The image will grab them, and great writing will keep them.
- Answer all comments people post on your blog. Also, comment on other blogs. This increases your credibility.
- Give timely and useful information. A blog that says nothing has no reason to be read. Relate big news items like the election, hurricanes, sports victories or other popular trending topics to your blog.
- Write a great headline. Sometimes the headline is an afterthought. Make sure your headline is as engaging as the rest of the blog.
- You have a sense of humor – use it! Even if you are writing about a serious topic, being clever and witty will keep people reading.
- Don’t forget other social media! This probably should have been the first thing on the list. Spread your wealth of information all over the internet. Use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and all of the bookmarking sites to get as many viewers as possible.